. Additional terms may apply to contests, promotions or other ESEA events or activities that you may choose to participate in.
- License to Use the Services
Conditioned upon your acceptance of these Terms, ESEA authorizes you to use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use. Any use of the Services in any way not expressly permitted by these Terms is prohibited, and may be actionable under the law. ESEA shall have the right at any time and from time to time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Services, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability and equipment needed for access or use.
- Your Conduct and Responsibilities
- You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your password(s), if any, and shall be fully responsible for the use of the Services by any other person you permit to access the Services.
- You agree to use the Services for non-commercial, lawful purposes only and shall not post or transmit through the Services any material which:
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable,
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law, or
- without ESEA's express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services.
- Any conduct by you that, in ESEA's sole discretion, restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Services will not be permitted. Without limiting the foregoing, prohibited conduct includes, but is not limited to:
Without limiting any other rights or remedies of ESEA, violations of the foregoing may result in removal of any prohibited communications and/or termination of your access to the Services.
- propagation of computer worms, viruses and other such malicious code,
- using (directly or indirectly) the Services to make unauthorized entry to any other machine accessible through the Services, and
- use of the Services to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, but not limited to, the solicitation of users of the Services to become users of other on-line services.
- You shall not upload, post, submit or otherwise make available on the Services any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of the Services, or otherwise submitting materials to ESEA, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such material has expressly granted ESEA the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, edit, creative derivative works from, distribute, and sub-license such material (in whole or in part, through multiple tiers and/or via syndication) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material. You also permit any other user to access, view, store or reproduce the material for their personal use.
- By appearing and participating in any ESEA competition, you grant ESEA and its assignees and licensees right to review and make public any and all game play, film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use and distribute the same in any manner or media whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity, for any lawful purpose whatsoever, including advertising, publicity or trade.
- Intellectual Property and Proprietary Rights
The Services contain copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the Services are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial or non-commercial exploitation of material on the Services will be permitted without the express permission of ESEA and the copyright owner. You acknowledge and agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights by accessing or otherwise using copyrighted material.
ESEA, ESEA Premium, ESEA Market and other ESEA graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names (jointly referred to as "ESEA Marks") are the exclusive property of E-Sports Entertainment, LLC. All rights reserved. ESEA Marks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks or domain names, in connections with any product of service that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or part, without the prior written permission of ESEA.
- Changes to these Terms
- Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
ANY WARRANTY ON PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR SUBSCRIBED TO THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER ONLY AND NOT BY ESEA. ESEA ITSELF MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD OR SUBSCRIBED TO THROUGH THE SERVICES.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PURCHASED OR SUBSCRIBED TO ARE PROVIDED OR SOLD "AS-IS" AND ESEA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ESEA CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. ESEA DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR ANY PART THEREOF, ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT ARE DOWNLOADED FROM THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION IN THE USE AND DOWNLOADING OF ANY SUCH CONTENT OR MATERIALS AND USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES.
NEITHER ESEA, ESEA AFFILIATED COMPANIES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, SPONSORS, ASSIGNEES OR LICENSEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ESEA PARTIES") WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICES, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability
ESEA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH ANY USE OF THE SERVICES. USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. EXCEPT IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE SUCH PROVISIONS ARE RESTRICTED, IN NO EVENT WILL ESEA OR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR PURCHASE, SUBSCRIPTION OR USE OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, EVEN IF ESEA IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, ESEA'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO ESEA FOR THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF NO AMOUNT IS PAID TO ESEA FOR THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE, YOU SHALL BE LIMITED TO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY, UNLESS OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW, AND SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO DAMAGES OF ANY KIND FROM ESEA, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION.
- Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
YOU AGREE THAT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE FORUM AND REMEDY FOR ANY AND ALL DISPUTES AND CLAIMS RELATING IN ANY WAY TO OR ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF, PURCHASE OF, OR SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SERVICES SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION. Arbitration proceedings shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules in New York, New York, except that, to the extent that either party has in any manner infringed upon or violated or threatened to infringe upon or violate the other party's patent, copyright, trademark or trade secret rights, such other party may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the State of New York and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. If costs related to such arbitration are determined to be excessive in a consumer dispute, ESEA will be responsible for paying all arbitration fees and arbitrator compensation in excess of what is deemed reasonable. The arbitrator's award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction
- Third Party Content
ESEA is a distributor (and not a publisher) of content supplied by third parties and users of the Services. Accordingly, ESEA has no more editorial control over such content than does a public library, bookstore, or newsstand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, or any user of the Services are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of ESEA. Neither ESEA nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. Refer to Sections 3 and 4 above for the complete provisions governing limitation of liabilities and disclaimers of warranty.
In many instances, the content available through the Services represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider or users not under contract with ESEA. ESEA neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Services. Under no circumstances will ESEA be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through the Services. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Services.
- Terms of Sale
The following terms apply to your purchases or subscriptions related to the Services.
- Purchase Qualifications; Account Security
- Payment Method and Terms
We accept payments made through PayPal in connection with the purchase of any merchandise or subscription through the Services.By submitting an order through ESEA, you authorize ESEA, or its designated payment processor, to charge the account you specify for the purchase amount. All payments are to be made in United States Dollars.
Any tangible property purchased through the Services will be shipped FOB Shipping Point. Title to such products passes from ESEA to you upon shipment. With respect to products or services you purchase through the Services, you acknowledge and agree that upon making such purchases available to you (or to their intended authorized recipients), ESEA will have fully satisfied its obligation to deliver or otherwise provide such services, regardless of any failure or inability to use such services.
- Product and Service Descriptions and Availability, Errors
ESEA and its suppliers continually upgrade and revise its products and services to provide you with new products and services. ESEA may revise, discontinue or modify products or services at any time without prior notice to customers, and products or services may become unavailable without notice. ESEA shall have no liability of any kind if a product or service that has been ordered is unavailable. If necessary, ESEA reserves the right to substitute items of equal or greater value when an item or service is unavailable or ESEA may cancel the order.
We attempt to be as accurate as possible and eliminate errors on the Services, however we do not warrant that any product, service or description, photograph, pricing or other information is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. In the event of an error, whether on the Services, in an order confirmation, in processing an order, delivering a product or service or otherwise, we reserve the right to correct such error and revise your order accordingly if necessary (including charging the correct price) or to cancel the order and refund any amount charged. In addition, we may, in lieu of a refund as provided in this paragraph, opt to provide you with a merchandise or service credit, with a value at least equal to the amount charged to your account. ESEA reserves the right to determine and modify from time to time the exact nature of any such merchandise or service credit, including conversion into one or more different types of merchandise or service credits. Your sole remedy in the event of such error is to cancel your order and obtain a refund or credit as set forth above. To request a refund, open a website support ticket.
Merchandise sold by ESEA and shipped to a destination in the state of New York and services purchased by residents of the state of New York may be subject to sales tax. Additionally, users ordering merchandise to be shipped to a destination in Canada may be subject to a third party brokerage or customs fees; these fees are not determined by and cannot be modified by ESEA and no advance estimate can be provided. You are responsible for any applicable sales or use tax, duties, or other governmental taxes or fees payable in connection with your purchase. If you do not pay such sales or other tax or fee on a transaction, you will be responsible for such taxes or fees in the event that they are later determined to be payable on such sale, and , and ESEA reserves the right to collect such taxes or other fees from you at any time.
- Refunds and Returns
All merchandise must be inspected by customer upon delivery. If any box looks dented or damaged in any way, the driver must make a notation and should mark any damages. Boxes opened later and then damage noticed without driver making notation, is considered concealed damage. Some shipping companies do not always cover full refunds on concealed damage items. ESEA is not responsible for damaged incurred during shipping. There are no returns or cancellations for any intangible property or services purchased from ESEA, including without limitation paid subscriptions and Lessons.
Returns are permitted only in the event of an error committed by ESEA. You must email or call first for a return authorization number, and no merchandise can be returned without a written authorization number. Items must be unopened, in new condition, and returned in original shipping containers. All sales are final, noncancelable and nonrefundable except as expressly set forth in this Agreement or as otherwise determined by ESEA in its sole discretion.
- Copyright Complaints
Last Updated: September 7, 2014