Hello from across the pond! We at ESEA News has long covered international events, but now we are making the next big step alongside the ESEA League. As many of you already know, the 13th Season of the ESEA League will feature a full CS:GO- Europe Invite division along with an Open division. The invite teams will compete in a Global LAN Finals featuring the top four teams from North America and the top four team from Europe.
What does this have to do with you? We are looking for individuals to help with our Season 13 League coverage and to help us cover events based in Europe, Asia or the CES. We are seeking dedicated people who have the drive and passion to cover eSports. This is a paid position
. Positions Available: ESEA Season 13 Open Power Rankings
- You will be responsible for creating a power ranking for the CS:GO Open division in Europe. These articles will be released on a weekly basis. You also have the option to do interviews and other content . ESEA Season 13 Invite Writer
- You will be responsibile for a weekly "Invite Melee" that will recap the preview week and mention a match of the week for the following week. We can adjust this as you see fit and you will have creative control over how this is done. You also have the option to do interviews and other content. Coverage Writers
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day articles including roster changes
, event announcements
, event melee's
and breaking news. You will also be the centerpiece to our coverage of all European events. Requirements:
- A solid foundation of the English language with proper grammar.
- Be inventive. Don't be scared to share your ideas to get feedback.
- Able to work alongside a team of writers to collaborate on features or coverage.
- Be reliable. If you say you are going to do something, be able to do it.
- Have vast knowledge of the European scene and Counter-Strike. Knowledge of the North American scene is a major plus.
- Able to take constructive criticism and edit your own posts.
- Able to attend weekly meetings with all other writers. These will be set in the future.
- Be passionate about your work.
Those interested should submit the following information to
with the subject "Writer Application - Full Name - Position Wanted":
- Full Name
- ESEA Account
- Past experience (both playing and writing)
- A writing example for the job desired. If applying for a power rankingp position, please create an example Top 5 power rankings. If applying for a coverage position, please write an example of a recent roster change that has happened. Your work will not be used publicly, this is for the application only.
- Why you think you are the right person for the job
- Your availability (when do you have class/work? Will you be available to cover international events [1am-10am]?)