As entities grow, they often face their biggest challenges. Over the past few years, we have continued to grow, and have had our fair share of challenges. As we continue to be the front runner in coverage for North American E-Sports, we are now looking to hire a large amount of new writers to help usher ESEA News into its next evolution.
Our first job opening will be for league writers. These writers will have the responsibility of covering their respective division on a weekly basis with a form of Power Rankings or our newly designed "Week in Review", which will debut during Season 15 for some divisions. The new format includes discussions about teams, mini-rankings and trends happening during the previous week. For these positions, you will be required to have knowledge of the division you are writing for and be able to commit for the ENTIRE SEASON
. More details will be discussed once writers make it to the second interview process.
We will also be hiring positions for event coverage and day-to-day articles. You will not have the direct responsibility of covering the ESEA League, but all beat writers will have the ability to produce their own featured content. During our weekly meetings we plan out future week's contents and throw around ideas in order to help produce content. Having knowledge of the current scene and the game is a must. If you are trying to get an idea of the content you will produce, here is a small list of examples: roster changes
, event announcements
, event melee's
and breaking news.
CS:GO Open League Writers
CS:GO IM League Writers
CS:GO Main League Writer
Daily Beat Writers
Event Coverage Staff
- A solid foundation of the English language with proper grammar.
- Be inventive. Don't be scared to share your ideas to get feedback.
- Able to work alongside a team of writers to collaborate on features or coverage.
- Be reliable. If you say you are going to do something, be able to do it.
- Have vast knowledge of the North American scene and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Knowledge of the European scene is a major plus.
- Be able to produce content on a daily basis, as needed.
- Able to take constructive criticism and edit your own post.
- Able to attend weekly meetings with all other writers. Meetings are on Sunday at 3 PM CDT.
- Able to cover both international and domestic events. This includes getting up at 2 AM to cover events on the other side of the world. It's not everyone's favorite, but we all have to do it!
- Be passionate about your work.
Those interested should submit the following information to "email@example.com" with the subject "Writer Application - Full Name and Position Interested (can put multiple)":
- Full Name
- ESEA Profile Link
- Writing Experience
- Education (high school, some college, college degree)
- Why you think you are the best person for the job
- A new article idea, or content idea
- Your availability (when do you have class/work? Will you be available to cover international events [1am-10am]?)
- If you are applying for a League Writer Position, please include an example of your power rankings
All applications will be reviewed by the ESEA News staff and you will be contacted in the near future with more information if you are selected. We are looking to build a large staff, so even if you feel you might not be the best of the best, but you are dedicated, you still have a great shot! All positions are paid, but any non-League Writer positions will undergo a one-month trial period before being made full-time staff.