How do I stream on ESEA?
In order for your stream to be linked to ESEA you need to first set your streaming provider profile under manage account
In order for your stream to be visible on ESEA, the following must be true:
- You must be a Premium member
- You must have visited the site within the past 30 days
- Your account must not currently be banned
In addition, your stream will only be visible when you are broadcasting live
through your streaming provider (this is checked every 5 minutes
Users found to be abusing this feature by utilizing the stream of someone else will be banned.
In order to display your stream on ESEA, you'll need a streaming program (we'll be using FFsplit
), a streaming provider account (e.g. Twitch.tv), and a decent connection speed (recommended at least 1 mbit upstream). If the function is available in your streaming program, delay your stream by at least 30 seconds to prevent ghosting.
FFSplit is available for Windows Vista/7/8 only, is easy to use, but requires a bit of setup.
- Download, install, and run FFsplit
- Set your Microphone Source to the input you use for VOIP
- Set your video bitrate to 2500, lower this number if you experience performance issues.
- By default, FFsplit will be set to your desktop resolution, and to broadcast your entire desktop.
- Obtain an RTMP address that is close to your location.
- Obtain your Stream Key if necessary.
- Check the box next to Stream, and complete the setup according to the requirements of your stream provider.
- Hit start, and you're ready to go!
As an alternative to FFSplit, the open source OBS
is a good option, however it is still in an alpha phase, so we will not be providing a tutorial as features and settings may change drastically. There are of course several other paid options with far more features and stability should you choose to go that route.
0 TotalRelated Questions
Browse by Section